AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Quick thank you and possible heads up
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2024
Rock Munki

Liked 1,330 Times in 766 Posts

Auto store didnt have the battery that was in it...interestingly enough, it was a stop/start battery a system which my bus doesnt run ...hmmm....anywayz...wouldnt be in my part of the World until after adventure departure time so canned the whole idea...they did have an equivalent non stop/start battery with a higher output BUT I'm just not willing to take the chance that it may OR MAY NOT fit into the wombat hole under the seat with its 'dicky' lengthed leads, post positions and the 'ledge' on the end to enable lockdown...sooooo.....off on the adventure in a Prado !!!....we were taking 2x buses...now its four of us in a 'dune buggy'....gonna miss every aspect of the ride....could have 'trialled' a new battery but having taken it out...then put it back in to move the car...oh yes...it starts now no drama....#/×#ĄŁ of a thing....I wasnt gonna remove it again...test fit the new battery and go through the whole process another 2x if it didnt fit/match up....holiday mode....lost enough bark off my knuckles fitting fat hands into spaces designed for an octopus....upside...they cant steal it with no battery in it...IF it starts in any case.....new battery next month when I'm home.....unless I crack Lotto !

ps: the battery was only around $360 ex-Adelaide, which I thought was very well priced considering the location....alternative was same price. Warranty expired 1yr ago...Lasted 3yrs which from Members threads is comparable.

Only dumb people think their smart...rest of us learn everyday

Last edited by FARWEST; 05-04-2024 at 02:45 PM.