AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Engine just stops???
View Single Post
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 274 Times in 221 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

My HP pump was dying for ages (a few years ago). I was getting random stops with no error codes. Occasionally it would shake at idle like it was misfiring. It turned out to be one of the valve packs in the HP pump. It took me ages to find it. I tried a new valve pack, but ended up replacing the pump with a reconditioned one from Hi Tech Diesel in Adelaide.

(Take that as a recommendation. Over the years of WG'ing, I have purchased a set of injectors and a HP pump from them. Both transactions were positive experiences - although negative on the wallet.)

The other (and lower cost) solution is to check the vacuum and LP side o-rings. The vacuum ones won't leak fuel, but will randomly suck air. This presents as hard-to-start occasions and random stops. Mine were completely flattened - square in cross-section.
EDIT: I ultimately diagnosed it by wiggling the lines while idling. I found one would cause it to stall. Just watch the fingers and the belt - one connection is behind it.

Last edited by JeanLuke; 3 Weeks Ago at 02:01 PM.