AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - P0243 help help 2.7 crd
View Single Post
Old 3 Weeks Ago
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanLuke View Post
A few things to check:
  1. Fuse 16 in the power distribution centre is not blown. It provides power for the Auto Shut Down Relay (ASD Relay) which in turn provides power to the turbo solenoid.
  2. Check there is 12V on pin 1 of the solenoid plug when the ignition is on. Pin 1 is on the right when looking at the plug with the connection tab at the top.
  3. With the power off, unplug both the solenoid and the ECU. Then measure between pin 2 of the solenoid plug and pin 76 on the ECU C1 connector. The resistance should be below 10 ohms. C1 connector is the bigger one. Looking at the plug with the five big pins at the top, the right row is numbered from 63 at the bottom to 81 at the top. Count up from 63 to find pin 76.
  4. With the power off, unplug both the solenoid and the ECU. Then measure the resistance from solenoid pin 2 to ground. It should be higher than 1000 ohms.
So, still can't solve this one. Step 4 (pin 2 to ground) still getting open loop. Where is this ground connection coming from? I've checked all visible ground connections and are okay. Is there any other ground connection that can be broken? Maybe down the chasis? Or I am missing the point of the failure?