AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - P02E8 Diesel intake air flow “a” position sensor circuit low
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2024
CrawlerStar

Liked 123 Times in 87 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drover View Post
Well thats good news especially since you now are more familiar with the engine, once I had checked connections and pulled apart the throttle body, saw the cogs good,the circuit board would have been my prime suspect for sure, I wasn't aware there was one inside, the workshop manuals are pretty vague. Finding it and all other checks ticked off I would have replaced the whole assembly...........

....... My knowledge of these things has improved as well............. a long saga but I think many have learnt a lot from it, always better to learn from others than go thru it yourself.
Thank you Drover and yes I agree I learnt a hell lot more about this section of the engine which is good. Yes you are correct when you say upon inspection of the cogs being good, the circuit board would have been the culprit for sure but I was unsuccessful at physically taking out the bugger. Also in my case the main problem was I was getting no help from any of these local workshops to get this inspected. Also not one auto electrician was able to spend an hour to test the wires running from the PCM to throttle body which is step 1 for P02E8 issues. Just had to bite the bullet and go for it with so much uncertainty as it could have been anything at that point because it was not like the throttle body was dead with a service throttle body code which would have been easier to decide. And also the possibility of another sensor causing this issue was also on the table. Thankfully in the end, it was the throttle body. Some workshops even wanted to get my manifold changed to fix this and imagine if I had gone through all that!

Definitely a good end to this saga