AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Quick thank you and possible heads up
View Single Post
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 1,167 Times in 618 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drover View Post
When towing Im sure its okay as I drop 250kg on the arse end .... actually been thinking of throwing some air bags on the back and getting rid of the WDH, theres a good 30kgs saved plus Ive got the shits with putting them on, mainly to save loading up the Nivomats and the propoising on our great QLD roads like the Surat Development Road which you need sea sick tabs for.........

I had to put airbags in the previous "sprung" GC as who ever put the Old Man Emu lift kit in it took out the Nivomats, putting the standard type shocks that came with the OME kit in instead. Probably didn't know you could refit them just by modifying the mounts. (Of course "theoretically" that reduced the towing capacity from 3500kg to 2850kg or something like that)
It had been dragging it's bum a bit just with the old Camper trailer on it!
To have refitted Nivomats was telephone numbers so no go...

Those not very old "Airbag Man" air bags, about $600.00 worth, are still in the old Jeep as I had no desire to take them out being this current one has QuadraLift.
PITA job to get them out drover otherwise could have been an option for you...
That said I need to get rid of the old Jeep soon too as it is getting in the way.

The QL set up does work really well for towing, the Jeep sits absolutely level after dropping the van on, and it doesn't porpoise at all...even on those great roads of ours!
I had stopped putting the WDH's on a while back due to my set up going on a diet, as well as not supposed to have them fitted while traversing undulated country, but more so that the bride hated the squeaking noises they'd sometimes make when turning corners...lol