AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - FRONT LOCKER
Thread: FRONT LOCKER
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2002
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default FRONT LOCKER

Quote:
Originally posted by dxj:
Hi Jason,

My compressor is located under the (RHD) drivers seat. Optional air up outlet faces the rear so I plug the hose in from the rear footwell.

Solenoid valves are vented to underbody so if ARB diff seals leak I don't get oil inside the Jeep.
Thanks for the info. Did you consider under the back seat? That's my first choice right now. I've test fitted the compressor without the solenoids (don't have them yet) and it looks like it'll fit pretty well. Mine will be used only to run a front ARB locker, so I'm not too concerned with accessing the compressor for airing up -- I've got a CO2 tank for my tyres. Right now my only real concern is how often the compressor will cycle running a front locker and how hot it will get when it does turn on.

Jimmy, if your rear "slipper" is working fine, I'd put in a front locker. That's the setup we've got on our TJ (factory rear Trac-Loc w/front OX locker) and it works quite well on the trails.