AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - NEW RANCHO RS9000X
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2002
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default NEW RANCHO RS9000X

we just got a technical bulletin in from tennaco automotive u.s.a., seems they have tarted up the good old RS9000 5 speeder to 9 speed adjustable settings and given it the X rating, hence the new model part number designation.

were not sure when we'll see them and if they will cost more, i guess they want to run all the older 9000's out first.

twas bad to see someone having a bad run with them on a nissan? hell, in 10yrs of selling them we have had one snap at the base of the rod/piston (a log got it i reckon but we still replaced it), one hydraulicly too noisy for a very fussy WJ owner on the speed humps of doncaster (so we gave him another one-not what i'de call a legit problem) and one on a disco shit the comp damping rite away. and we sell a heap of them!

rancho have something like a 1% return rate. maybe some set ups and drivers and the use the 4x4 gets like in the nissans case is a bit too much for just about any shock, seeing as 3 packed up on that rig?? allthough knockng a knob off isn't exactly a shocker a defect, rather impact damage & having a spare knob or two, an alan key to suit and 2 minutes its sorted.

i'll let you'all know when we see them here in Aust.