AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - "weekend" rims
Thread: "weekend" rims
View Single Post
Old 16-06-2003
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default "weekend" rims

Hi Guys,
I have a 2002 WJ which I purchased last November and have lately been enjoying the offroad capablities of my machine however, a recent un-nerving offroad experience involving the standard Goodyear SR/As (245/70/16) has convinced me I need to look at something a bit more serious for weekend excursions into the bush.
I am thinking of a set of aggressive rubber I can use offroad and switch back to my standard tyres for the Mon-Fri grind. I wanted to set a cheap pair of rims and get them shod with something decent. Thing is, short of using my existing rims and going for an A/T tyre (I want something with a bit more oomph), I cannot for the life of me find any cheap rims (Sunraysias or similar??) that fit the 2002 WJ - Does anyone know of any options I can look at short of buying another set WJ rims (I was quoted $1000 by one of the Jeep wreckers for a 2nd hand set of imported rims - not what I really need for bush bashing. Any ideas will be appreciated.