AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - How to search
Thread: How to search
View Single Post
Old 13-11-2003
No Winching

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

hi, quick reply before i go to bed.. ask more if im not clear...

1, QD to my understanding, its sort of works like a HD LSD.. kicks in when one side loses traction, (think you need one side to spin like 5 revs before kicking in.)

2, QD is worth having, why? because there is no after market lockers for the rear D44a. apparently there are some coming out on the market, but im not holding my breathe for them..

3, QD diff internals of the front D30 is different to the normal open D30, but you can still fit ARBs in the QD D30, but its costly, will tel you more if need be. so you can have Front ARB & rear QD and it works a treat...

my opinion? for luxury offroading
go for a WJ with QD,
and if the finance is right, find a post 2000 WJ say 2001-2003, the 99 & i think 2000 have a thermal fan of not so high quality & it doesnt go too well with a bull bar in front... there are also a few "bug" or teething problem with the earlier WJ's where they sorted them out in the later models.... (in my opinion anyway, if it counts...)

however,
if you;re going to do more serious offroading or hard core shait..
get a XJ, TJ or even ZJ....
WJ is just a bit too trouble some to get serious, but they can be if you only need one leg one arm & one kidney..
can talk more about other issues..

where you located?

cheers

keep posting