AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - A little dissapointed with new ARB lift kit
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2004
RubiconSlammer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default A little dissapointed with new ARB lift kit

Hey all

I just had an ARB suspension kit installed last Friday. After speaking with (obviously uninformed) ARB staff, they told me I'd expect around 45mm lift front and rear and a better, more stable ride. I wanted to install the kit so that I could absorb the extra weight of my (to come) drawer system, 40L Engel fridge (got it last Thusday - the 40th anniversary model, with digital temp readout!!!!), all of my recovery gear, food, tents, etc,etc,etc.

It came back with about 15mm lift at the front and 25mm at the rear. I was a little shocked. They told me that they "reckoned" that the Laredo is already highr than the Limited and Overland diesel models. I guess I kind of already knew that, but I was dissapointed nonetheless. I think that they should have told me this if they knew it already.

My biggest dissapointment was its handling on a slightly corrugated dirt road near Newnes on the weekend. Compared to the stock suspension, it skittered all over the place to the point where I had to wash off around half my normal pace on that kind of surface for fear of losing it. The stock suspension was supremely confident as it was. I'm hoping that the extra weight when I install the drawers will hold it down to the road a little better.......

I'm going to be talking to the ARB dealer tomorrow to get an idea from as to what they expected their kit to do for me.... and my $1,200. I'll let you know.

Cheers
Chris
http://www.omaroo.net