AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - WJ LSD - Dana44a question
View Single Post
Old 24-01-2004
RubiconSlammer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default WJ LSD - Dana44a question

Hi all

You have to excuse my ignorance a little here, as I've only had my WJ CRD for a month and a bit now (new to Jeep as a brand).

I was out with the lads from the SJC a couple of weekends ago up at Newnes. Great trip - had a ball thank you all I was turning the car around on a sandy patch to do a uey - at full lock.

I noticed that my inside rear was scrubbing like crazy as I turned around. I was under the impression that the WJ with the Dana44a had a fully open rear diff.... and therefore shouldn't display typical Limited Slip characteristics like scrubbing an inside tyre on full lock. My GQ Patrol did this all the time, as it really has one of the best limo's in the business.

Does this axle have or does it not have an LSD? I'm still surprised at how good this car is off road - up steep. shaley or rocky terrain - it hasn't stopped yet. Even when a front wheel is cocked in the air, and I presume a rear shortly afterwards.... it keeps going with a little extra right foot and a bit of judicious momentum...

Cheers guys

Chris
http://www.omaroo.net