AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Is it just me or do grands kick ass...
View Single Post
Old 23-04-2004
Sticker Ninja!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You're not wrong Jeeps. Had more than a few runs with V6 Commodores and have never had one get infront. From what i've read on USA BB's I think the Overland (192kw) does 8sec to 100 and the quarter in low 16's, sounds about right. Fully sic four cylinders (non turbos) like lancers, Corrola etc have no hope so they get pissed off and do the looser fly-by once i've backed off

Since i've replaced my muffler from a multi chamber as long as your arm to a straight through 14", there is more power and it's definatley noticable. Fuel econemy has improved by about 30km a tank but it's a catch 22- have more power-will use it. Have nice V8 sound-will wanna hear it

Fuel economy-
City i average 18.2L/100ks and that's driving without regard to how much fuel i'm using. I don't pay for my fuel so that should give you an idea of how conservative i am in that regard!.
I'd say it's a good mix of not wanting to get a speeding ticket but also not wanting to be stuck behind someone who takes their time getting there. I have hit 22L/100ks but that was during a really shitty week at work :P

Highway i am getting 11.5 with a passenger onboard and nothing real heavy in the back.

The other thing worth mentioning, i use Mobil Synergy 98 octane and get about 5% better mileage (kilometerage ) than using Optimax. Car idles worse when cold when i use Optimax too. Maybe the ECU has some self learning parameters or something and is tuned itself to the Mobil brew. This is a proven fact with my old Rex. Dunno about the Jeep but i'm seeing the same thing.

(sorry for the long post)