AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - PULP FICTION ??
Thread: PULP FICTION ??
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2004
HydroKing

Liked 19 Times in 13 Posts

I've had many a discussion about PULP on this forum and i can say that i never got any better economy or power out of it with my 02' Wrangler but i did get better engine performance in the form of less pinging and the ability to hold the speed limit and pull up hills better and doesn't stall as easily when idling offroad.

HOWEVER, i havn't run PULP in the last 30,000klm but i decided to run it a few weeks ago since i hit 50,000klm on the odo and i thought i'd give it a go. Hey presto! I managed 410klm out of a tank, but hang on - i still went another 80klm on the fuel light and i still had about 6 litres left in the tank. I still havn't mentioned the 10% speedo difference either have i?

I gotta say that it seems as though since i've got a few klm on her, my TJ is getting better economy. Whenever i used to run PULP i'd get worse economy and power but a lot less pinging. Now, i went out yesterday to do some offroad work in low range and it performed brilliantly, no engine knocking/griding/pinging noises even though the engine was being pushed at idle. The best part is it holds 110klm/h effortlessly compared to regular and i'm now getting some decent klm's. 500klm+ i can live with...