AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Jeep Spare Parts Prices
View Single Post
Old 15-05-2004
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Jeep Spare Parts Prices

I have had a few horror experiences with parts for my ZJ, including the $1700 fuel pump replacement caused by Scuderia Veloce's failure to replace the fuel filter on any service since the car was new (at 93,000 kms with a full service history it isn't too much to ask that fuel filters be replaced).

but the most ludicrous one yet was a few months ago when I finally decided to do something about my non-working cargo cover. It didn't retract properly. I checked the price on some US websites and the cargo cover for a ZJ costs US$85 so I was expecting to be slugged a few hundred at least. I went to that evil parts place in Rosehill and nearly fell over laughing when the guy quoted me $1050!!!!

What possible justification could they have for such a ludicrous price? I think it's simple profiteering. Even with the worst exchange rate and air-freight it couldn't possibly be that much.

Is there some way to get decent parts prices in Australia without shipping them myself? (my brother lives in Hawaii so the 'shipping them myself option isn't out of the question)