AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Post a Pic of your CJ Here !!!!!
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2004
Established Member

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Wow...

well, it definately has been used for what it was intended since then. I got it for a little less then the asking price from auto alliance. Its been an awesome vehicle! Tows a small boat with ease, gets your score up nice and high on the premium pump at least once a week, sounds great and has the potentual to be a great 4by. I can even take the back seat out and throw a single matress in the back and it fits perfectly. I haven't been stuck yet, although i haven't taken it through anything too challenging. I found a new track on Mt Gibraltar yesterday which was easy terrain but went around the bottom of some awesome bauxite cliffs (over approx 100m high).

Since i brought it the best addition i have made was a K&N Plenum and filter. (Plenum allows me to run a snorkel when i get a little more serious....and some hard doors) The improvement it made was definately noticed.

next up i think is some new tyres (anyone know what the simex M/T are like?) and maybe a rear air locker....

also...

reduced dif gearing.. is it worth it with just 31's? and how does it effect high speed revs?

thanks in advance for helping a newby!