AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - BLING GETS A DOSE OF ROIDS
View Single Post
Old 20-09-2004
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I went 31"s so I could get away with leaving my gearbox as is. They're BFG muddies, and they don't appear to even come close to fitting on the back - almost 2 inches too fat at the point they touch the rubber blocks on the back door. No point in deforming them if I don't need to, so I just whacked them on backwards. Admittedly it will increase the stress on the door that way, bringing the weight back, but on a 6 week old car, I reckon it can handle it.

After exclaiming several times that I don't know what control arms are, you still didn't actually tell me what they are...

I didn't buy the parts for the lift, I bought the lift - the result. I said I wanted 3 inches of suspension, and then 2 inches of body to keep my feet dry and so I could put seriously big tyres on one day. But they will come with the SYE (what that is exactly I have only a vague idea), the gearbox mod, and some other bits and pieces.

Exactly what the lift consisted of; what needed changing, extending etc - I don't know - that's what I pay mechanics for. If they do it wrong, they do it again. If they totally do it wrong, I have an entertaining time suing them until they do it right. (Costs me almost nothing to sue them - costs them a fortune to defend the action - much easier to just fix things.)

And another thing, what is that pathetic design feature hanging down under my front bumper, messing with my entry angle? Looks like part of the steering... steel thing hangs down a couple of inches. I might have to put some barwork over it so I don't scrape it off on things.

I love my jeep, don't get me wrong, but designed as a heavy duty 4WD it aint.