AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Any good tracks at/near Townsville
View Single Post
Old 28-03-2005
AJOR Bronze

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi Shine,

I live in Townsville ('97 Wrangler) there are a few places you can go camping/4wdriving.

Just north there is a place calle Olera, it's a mecca for camping, not much for off road driving tho. excellent place to camp on beach and do some fishing, drinking, etc. Very popular at school holiday, long weekend times.

For 4wdriving you gotta get out west. Place called Big Bend on the burdekin river, about 1/2 hour east (i think) of Charters Towers. Excellent for camping and doing some good off road driving

Mudhunter mentioned somewhere called bald rock, i don't know of this place but about 1/2 drive west of Charters Towers a place called Flat Rock, not as good for off roading as big bend but you can have some fun there. Still had to get winched up one spot , even with dual lockers.

Email me if you want some more details, maybe even hook up for a trip sometime, my mates got Nissans and a outlander, can't keep up with the wranglers tho ! email- mazdamx@hotmail.com