AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - "jeep" sidesteps
View Single Post
Old 20-05-2005
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I solved the problem with the side steps (after mangling them twice) by mounting the steps on 75mm x 10 mm flat bar, replacing the nuts in the steps with a bit of flat bar cut to fit and tapped out to take 10mm cup head bolts which tighten up with an allen key to reduce any catch points, I then held this in place against the chassis mount brackets for the side steps, cut the brackets flush and welded the flat bar to the brackets.

It took a bit of time but efectively gave me about one and half inches clearance under the steps.

This with about a 55mm lift seems to have solved the problem. If you know SE NSW I have been in and out of Bendethera in the Deau National Park from the Cooma - Braidwood Road and out via the Merricmbene Trail to Araluen and I have also been straight out to Moruya on the coast with no problems. As a matter of fact I am going down to Bendethera tomorrow via Merricmbene Trail from Araluen and back out via Cooma and I don't expect to have any problems with the steps.