AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Full Kudos
Thread: Full Kudos
View Single Post
Old 25-06-2005
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks dudes.
The comp was very cool, and it really helped us sort out some more tactics with the jeep.

I am sure it helps every second Shane drives it as he gets to learn it's characteristics more and more.
Also helps me to watch it drive as I learn more about what it can do and where the limits might be.

We did not use the spotter strap once in the whole weekend at WErock.
Perhaps we should of at some points, but I kept asking Shane if it felt stable and he replied yes every time.

We also made mistakes and hit some cones here and there.
There were times where we would forget to let the front winch out which may of helped us to climb something.
We also didn't take the bonus line just before that V crack as it was the second run of the first day and it looked a bit gnarly and a potential roll over point.
By the time we had driven some more stages we would of been confident to try that bonus line.

As each minute of competition passes and shane gets seat time I think we are becoming a better team.

The firetruck rocks, the sponsors are great, Shane can drive it, and hopefully I do a good job of spotting him through the courses.
We are very keen to see any footage of the firetruck in action as it is perfect to learn from your mistakes and identify areas of improvement.

We are definitely out to win so look out

Last edited by zzzz; 25-06-2005 at 09:16 AM.