AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Rockcrawling Categories
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2005

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog
Perhaps WE Rock isn't the place for it, and someone else needs to setup a series to address this middle ground.
Yes, that is correct. It would be great to see SOMEONE else set up a series for this type of vehicle.

Just to let you now that you refer to it as the "middle groud". I pressume you feel that these rigs should be in between the Unlimiteds and Legend Class buggys in regards to performance. What you need to realise is that a class that will accomodate for these rigs will in fact be driving easier terrain than the legend class buggys. So in fact it wouldn't be the "middle Ground". (legends class buggy drive the identical courses to unlimiteds).

In regards to all those people that have spent thousands of dollars on rigs that may not have events to attend than i suppose thats a bit of bad luck. I spent money on building two buggys (full tube buggys) for an event that only consisted of 5 or 6 cars, i could have easily spent all that money on them only to see the arse fall out of Rockcrawling. Or i could have spent that money and built a Tuff Truck, but even two years ago i could see that even in NSW the laws would get tighter and these types of rigs would become even harder to get into.

I just cannot see that a series that is well set-up creating a new class every time someone builds a rig that will not be competitive in an exsisting class. Hell there would be more Nissan Patrols out there built for Winch challenge style events, what happens if they all of a sudden see benefits in what Rockcrawling is doing and want a seperate class too.

I say that if you want to start a series for this type of vehicle than do it. Obviously there is enough interest and enough rigs that it would be financially viable for whoever takes it on.

Adrian.