AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Norwegians going down under ....
View Single Post
Old 16-01-2006
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Gidday Scandinavia.
I did the trip to Innaminka in May last year via Broken Hill,Tibooburra(Northern New South Wales),Cameron Corner and then onto Innaminka.The track was in reasonable condition although i did shred a tyre on the dirt between Broken Hill and Tibooburra.Whatever you do make sure you have at least two spare tyres as the tyre retailer at Innaminka charges unbeliveable prices for really worn out second hand tyres knowing you have no other options.
To do the round trip back to Adelaide i would allow a minium of 5 days.To do it in four would really be pushing it.This would be broken down as follows.
Day one to Broken Hill.Day two to Cameron Corner via Tibooburra.Day three to Inniminka.Days four and five back to Adelaide via the Strezleki.Bear in mind this will really only allow you enough time to enjoy the sights and not hang around much.And a lot of the time will be spent driving so it would pay to alternate the driving.The road to Cameron Corner from Tibooburra can be very rough and full of pot holes that conseal bulldust(a fine powder like dust)that can wreck your vehicle(and you) if hit at speed.
Accomodation would be easy at Broken Hill but you would have to enquire in advance for Cameron Corner (very basic cabins and only a few at that) and Innaminka (at the hotel/motel).Down the Strezleki would also be a problem as to my knowedge there is only one road house and i think that is Mount Hopeless.(When we left Innaminka we headed into Queensland and onto Fraser Island so i cannot report back on the trip back to Adelaide via the Strezleki).
It would pay to take sleeping bags just in case accomodation did not work out.
I hope this helps you in your planning.