AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Discussion: Ultimate buggy
View Single Post
Old 14-03-2006
No Winching

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

They're good links to the tools Wooders.

That's a very different approeach Glenn. AMC 360 and hydraulic pump I don't know that I'm that cutting edge though. And I'm pretty sure you wouldn't get away with it in WE Rock and XRCC. I think you're right about the 110" though. I've seen longer buggies and I think they might be a bit too long for tight courses.

Does anyone know what an off-the-shelf tube chassis costs from someone like Overkill or ABT? Also, what program would I go about using to design a chassis?

If the cost of a chassis was under $4.5k, I'd probably just get an off the shelf one with some custom changes, and build the rest of it myself. If not, I'd tinker with designs to see if I could come up with something that worked.

Once I sort out chassis/engine/diff decisions, I might start putting something togther in the garage as a side project that would get built over time (10-12 months). The bonus being I could take time because I still have the Jee-Q to drive.

http://maddog.zook.org

Last edited by maddog; 14-03-2006 at 12:10 PM.