AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - AJOR Updates OCT 2006
View Single Post
Old 20-10-2006
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorzun
I think it's about time we started paying a small annual subscription fee . . . . We seem happy to fork out hundreds of dollars a year on mags that we get to mainly look at pics in so why should we not pay a small fee for better info and the likes to get the same here?
I think along those same lines and each year when it comes time to renew the membership to the 4wd clubs I'm a member of, I also make a donation to the site of a similar magnitude to the club fees.

Like you've said, I get far more information from the site and it's members than from either of the 4wd clubs I'm a member of . . . After moving to the Snowy Mountains, I haven't even been to a meeting of the Melbourne 4wd club that I belong to for almost 4 years now!

Other sites have encouraged "premium" membership through disabling search or photo attaching capabilities but I too would worry that some of those changes either cause people to head to other sites where all the content and functionality is free.

Last edited by Butt Craic; 20-10-2006 at 11:15 AM.