AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - KJ lifts and what to expect
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2006
AJOR Bronze

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRDSTU
Steer clear of poly spacers inside the strut assembly. An 8mm thick metal plate on top of the strut is perfect, I got around 12-14mm at the guard when settled.

The OME 927 front springs are fine for a CRD, just dont add a steel bullbar otherwise it will return to stockish height.

My lift on the CRD with the ARB bar works a treat - Rocky Road 9mm strut top spacer, 1.5 inch Daystar Poly, Original CRD springs, and OME HD Struts. This is the only combo that will hold up an ARB bar properly.

Don't get the 2.5inch Rocky Road strut top spacer Ed. It wrecks the geometry of the IFS and leads to blown struts.

You should be either looking at what Stu has (Rocky Road 9mm spacer, OME springs, OME struts) if you're not putting a bar on. OR what I have if you're planning on getting the ARB bar.

Don't put the Rancho Struts on the front of your CRD - the OME's work heaps better (I've tried both). They may be ok for a Petrol KJ. Rancho rear shocks are fine though. I have these with OME Med Dutys on the rear.

If you are intending driving it with drawers and fully laden, then go with the Heavy Duty rear OME springs - mine compresses quite a bit with the Med duty when fully laden and you can bottom out the rear quite easily then off-road.