AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - MJOC Jeep Muster 2007
View Single Post
Old 31-01-2007
Jeepin' is incurable....

Liked 69 Times in 55 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieCJ7
Hey Bomber dont want to get into a discussion on the running of clubs or events as each club should do as they see the right thing but only suggesting this to help simplfy the admin side of things, TCIS club insurance does have provisions for "trip vistors" to be covered under public liability insurance without any joining fee's etc allowing clubs to give potenial members a taste of the clubs trips before commiting to join this maybe an option for you on this event. Additionally other clubs make like to list this as their clubs trips in co operation if MJOC meaning the cover will be under that clubs insurance. Investigate for yourself as different policies have different provisions for this sort of thing and I have no legal background only working of the advice we were given by our insurance company when investigating. Once again this is only a suggestion that you may like to investigate to simplfy things please dont anyone chime in at the virtues of charging non memebers for trips like this etc as that is at the discretion of the organising club and if you dont like that then you have the option if you attend or not.
Decision was made by MJOC Committee to charge non-MJOC members an "entry fee" to cover the cost of our insurance cover for the weekend, I guess this is no different to a free magazine subscription . "Proof" of belonging to another club will be a necessary part of the registration process and the making "you" a short term member is also a belonging type thing in relation to adherence to club rules and that kind of thing, a token effort at that price perhaps but one nevertheless.

The real purpose is to celebrate the MJOC 10th birthday but we decided to open it up to "outsiders" to allow us to offer more and more varied trips through a greater number of participants.