AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - High Dynamic Range Imaging
View Single Post
Old 28-04-2007
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've been reading a little about this recently, I've seen some stunning results on some other websites.

HDR photography makes use of the 'exposure bracketing' function of your slr but rather than just bracket and choose which one you like it takes all the best bits and puts them together in one photo, as a camera has only a very small dynamic range and will tend to 'blow out' in highlights and/or not get detail from the shadow areas.

To put things in perspective hdr photography has the ability to see the best of several stops of range at once, not just one stop, but in comparison the human eye can see 10 stops of range at once!

From what I've read some of the newer versions of photoshop can be used or third party software can do it too.

I've just got hold of the new Pentax K10D which has the ability to bracket up to 5 stops not just 3 like most other D-slr's on the market at present, which means I'll be able to feed this HDR software 5 photos to take detail from.
As a bonus the camera is weather sealed, perfect for off road adventures..... now if that bloody JK would just hurry up and arrive I'll be a happy camper.

Just found the link that absolutely blew my mind, check out these pics.

http://www.stuckincustoms.com/

Last edited by odelay; 28-04-2007 at 11:15 AM.