AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - What else do I need??
View Single Post
Old 28-07-2007
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks guys.

Sorry, I didn't realise that the towbar needed to be mentioned but I've got that - Hayman Reece style is the best way I know how to describe it.

And I have the QuadraTrac2 system - the only wagon's with QD that I could afford seemed a bit rough.

I have the towbar for the rear hitch (I think it's called) and the bar has a front hook so I figure I'm covered if the snatch is required.

I've pretty much bought the best I could find (I agree wholeheartedly with you), well almost - I did baulk at $1500 for the super dooper lights bit I figure the $500ish set must be pretty good - it certainly seemed to light up the road (got one spot and one broad).

Always wanted a Jeep and when the missus agreed we needed a wagon I was home and hosed. Love the V8 - seems more powerful than the '96 V8 Statesman I had (traded in for Jeep).

Agree that I need to upgrade the suspension though. Funny, it took a while to get used to the shimmy shake that the Jeep has but now after 5 minutes of driving I don't even notice it (my other car is a work ute 2005 Rodeo which is stiff to the point of hard - so bit difference).

Thanks again for the advice guys - rapt to be part of the Jeep thing.