AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Convince me a xj is the go
View Single Post
Old 14-09-2007
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Convince me a xj is the go

I'm in the process of buying another 4wd after getting rid of my Rangie, I was tossing up between a solid axle 4 runner or a solid axle hilux both diesel and both because of parts and mods are so easy to do, but now I'm thinking of a early model xj (95/96), now i'm not afraid of getting the hands dirty and i know that all 4wd's need up keep, but how are the xj's in regards to doing mods myself and reliability. I've noticed that lift kits aren't real cheap and then if you want to go a decent lift you have to add a sye (can some one explain what one is and what it does) now with the rangie all I needed to fit 33's was a 2" bodylift and cut the guards, what will I have to do to fit 33's to a XJ can i cut guards can i fit a body lift, basically what i'm after is a reliable 4wd than can run 33's and have a few luxuries of at least air con and power steering, any advice is better than no advice so thanks in advance

cheers

Dixie