AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Convince me a xj is the go
View Single Post
Old 14-09-2007
Yeah I bought another one

Liked 93 Times in 58 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Or in simple terms Slip yoke eliminator replaces the output shaft of the XJ transfer case with a fixed yoke on the box.
Without it the shaft will fall out if you lift to high or flex too far.

Cant do a body lift on an XJ, its unibody or monocoque construction, there is no chassis.
This also means you have the best power to weight ratio in its class and lowest COG.
All the lift has to be done in the suspension, so there isnt a cheap way to fit 33s you will need to replace most of the stuff between the body and the axles to do a properly engineered lift.
Smaller lifts for fitting 31s can be done relatively cheaply, coil spacers on the front and addaleafs and/or longer shakles onthe rear.

Price of this gear in Oz comes down to demand, xjs arent on the top of the list for most offroad builders, most decent kits are imported and come in by the pallet load, not by the container load. There simply isnt the demand or turnover for Jeep mod parts so they are kind of "special" vehicles. Or if ya like exclusive?
Even the alleged serious off road shops who find it easier and more profitable to do pootrols, landbruisers & luxes will try to steer you away from an XJ, mostly through their own ignorance of them and their "expertise" with other brands.

Just one tip, DONT BUY A DIESEL XJ!

Buy my 98xj
1x Jeep trailers.
1x Empty Wallet.