AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Spring & shock lift coming soon
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2007
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks Bomber
Great to see you're prepared to be the Ozzie guinea pig!
So if I want the same kit, I assume there must be a specific model of Bilstein shock and Dobinson coil to ask for? Can you advise?
You mentioned (and i saw it myself also) that the Americans get nervous if the lift is too high (>2 inches) as it might affect the various sensors. Any evidence of this yet? Are you still concerned this might be the case?
Did you need to get the castor/camber adjusted for this lift?
On another matter, one of the reasons the ground clearance is ordinary is the standard tyres are relatively small. I'm a bit confused about the maximum tyre size that will fit the vehicle without cutting into the guards etc. I can see the bolt at the front that would need to be shortened. Do you have any idea how much taller the tyres can be taken to (i.e. tyre size) without creating clearance issues apart from shortening this bolt? Also, what do you reckon is the largest tyre size that can fit into the spare wheel well?
Finally, do you know much about the Startech diesel chip for the 3 litre diesel engine? Is it available in Oz?
BB