AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Which welder?
Thread: Which welder?
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007
Time to tinker

Liked 448 Times in 233 Posts

I had purchased an SIP Oxy set brand spanking....what a pile of poo after1 week I was back at the shop demanding a refund (a saga in it's own right - which involved me basically picketing their shop....never got the $$ back just more junk in exchange...anyhow).... Purchased a CIG the next day and was amazed at just how much better the CIG was....

Second experience with SIP was a mig I purchased of a former AJOR member (not current)....I kicked myself when I realised it was another SIP, but went ahead with theourchase after the usual assurances....This thing was so crap I hardly ever used it and instead would revert to using my VERY basic arc welder....CJ5350, ACJ and a few others that saw and played with that unit will agree - if was a pile of poo..... This was replaced by the Unimig - which is several leages apart from the SIP.....

So I don't doubt 1 or 2 people out of the thousands that have purchased them would be happy - but there is no way on the green frikken earth I'd recommend SIP to my worst enemy.......