AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - $74 for air filter-- record or what ??
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2007
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 116 Times in 94 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASHOdi View Post
No- no data outside of common sense , the things are obviously built to a price , and not a high one , simply looking at them will tell you that , that they do the job OK -so you say --no arguements from me , fine , tell me do you have any data that indicates that they are value for money at $75--perhaps flow and filter data against say a K&N (reuseable) @ RRP of $90 (so I been informed by Autobarn today.) or a Westfield @ $50 (Bursons Southport today). I add that niether of these worthies had any stock though.

Given the price I would love some reasurance that I have'nt just thrown approximately 5 scotches in the khazi.

By the way --do you work for Chrysler ??
Not even close, I am just a normal Jeepaholic with no connections to Chrysler other than being their customer.

I agree factory ones are made to a price, but thats not necessarily a bad thing. Hemi engines from Mopar are also made to a price - I wouldn't mind having one of those I have not modified my intake so don't need the extra benefits that a different style of filter might bring. Also conditions in New Zealand are not dusty enough that a stock filter gets choked frequently (it nearly rains every day in Auckland).

I never said I was happy with paying what we have to pay the dealer, but sometimes its part and parcel of our hobby (thats what I was trying to say).