AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - WH Grand owners post your pic's.
View Single Post
Old 14-12-2007
Full Flexer

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoea26 View Post
cherren meant to ask the Cooper Discoverer ST 17" x 10.5" are they the same measurement as the 245/65 R17 or are they the 245/70 R17 equivalent. I put the 245/70 R17's on my WH and had to get rid of them they were too loud it was like a jet engine. The tyre guy agreed so I went back to the 245/65R17 in Discoverer ATR. As a matter of interest I met a guy in Kalgoorlie while I was travelling around WA recently and he had the 245/70 R17 ST's. He was towing a 20' van and did a driveshaft and uni joint. He told me Jeep would not fix the problem as he had oversize tyres which over torqued the drive system...cost him $3,000. So I was glad I didn't stick with them!!!

But I would like to get a more aggressive tyre in standard size but they seem to be are non-existant at this stage.
I have the Cooper ST 245/70/R17

I did 40,000km on the WG V8 towing a 16ft van then 18.5ft. They were loud and we just got use to them.

The dealer & I where both keen to swap the std tyres & put the Coopers on my new WH CRD, they still have 10mm of thread, and the funny thing they are a lot, lot quieter on the CRD maybe more sound proofing.

I never throught I would be a diesel fan but I love my CRD

Interestingly the WG speedo was 7km slow on original blowstones & 2 km faster on the Coopers, I have not checked the WH yet against the GPS but at 100k/h I stay with the traffic.

I recon. either the guy left some of the truth out of how he stuffed the grand or the dealer was a real,real prick, or he may have had even bigger tyres on

The dealer swap them over for me. & I never had any transmission prob's with the WG, in fact I did not have any prob's with the WG over 47,000km

He may have had the total weight of the jeep & van over the max specified weight