AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - WH Grand owners post your pic's.
View Single Post
Old 14-12-2007
Full Flexer

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoea26 View Post
You're like me I never thought I'd be a diesel fan either til I took my WH for a test drive and that was it...I love it. A guy in a 3.0l nissan tried to drag me up a hill from a set of lights while I was in Brissie yesterday...I think he would have been severely embarrased!!!! You're probably right about that guy he didn't have a spare..he'd put a long range tank where the spare sits and because the Coopers are suppose to be bullet proof when it comes to punctures didn't reckon he needed one..what a noob!!!

I did 120k in my WG with no real problems, just an oil leak at the hose on the power steering box and a fuel pump "O" ring that lost seal causing the fuel pump to loose positive pressure...but she still fired up after a couple of cranks and ran like a charm in between....both fixed under warranty.

Have you got side steps on your WH? That guy reckoned his ST's were quiet too and he didn't have side steps wondering if that was creating my noise problem due to the sidelugs being in more of an enclosed environment in each wheel arch which created more of a fan effect?

When I wear my ATR's out think I'll go Pirelli AT's they won 4x4 Monthly's tyre test a few years back beat the Cooper ST's

What this side step thing you speak off, is that a ladder you use to help ladies with short skirts in to your WH

ON the subject of tyres. I belong to the MJOC & we were doing our advance driver training in slippery conditions & bloody cold. A certain gent had read the same report and was raving about his new Pirelli. Well guess who got stuck/bogged etc more then any of other Jeep which had coopers, Bstones simplex etc. Did not have much to said at the end of the training.

only kidding had S/Step had them on a 99 Jackaroo & kept getting hung up on them. That was before I was the light & became a believer & understood