AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - What did you do to your XJ today? 1M Views
View Single Post
Old 15-12-2007
Established Member

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Default more work

Hi all,
Today I did all my brakes on my XJ. Machined ths front rotors plus the rear drums and fitted new shoes and pads. The pads are Bendix titanium 4x4's and they are ment to be good in the water and disperse dust. We will see how they go I guess. I ordered a fuel pump from Fuelpumps.com in America and fitted it and Iam impressed will the pumps performance as it is the higher volume one that they recommend for the xj. 255litres per hour is its rate and it is a little bigger than the stock unit which was the original one from the factory by the date codes on the pump. Not to bad as the xj is a 1/94 build.
Changed the engine oil and filter and went to the bigger filter in the fleet gauard brand as I will only run good brand name filters if possible.
Flushed the trans fluid and fitted a new davis graig oil cooler and threw the old one away to come back as a chines stationery engine.
A diff rebuild is next.
BEN