AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - What did you do to your XJ today? 1M Views
View Single Post
Old 22-12-2007
Established Member

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Default fuel pump

Hi all,
when I had replaced my fuel pump I had not taken it for a drive as I had problems with my left hand rear brake pipe.It had broken at the wheel cylinder due to rust build up inside the flare nut and pipe.I had to twist it off.
Got a new one made up for $17.50 and fitted it, all good now.
With the new fuel pump the flat spot that I had at idle then snap the throtle open with no load has gone and its idling better cold too.
Some times when offroading on a worm day it would start to miss on one cylinder and if you shut down the engine and went to start it again,it would run like if it was more like 3-4 cylinders down and then start to clear up. Running on 95 Premium has made it a little better but the new fuel pump so far has stopped it from coming back.
When I worked for Jeep there was a fix for the Wrangler with this fuel vapour lock at the number 3 fuel injector. I think by memory it was a little heat shield that went around the injector.
My 2001 TJ I had would do it on warm days after you had turned it off then 15 minutes later started it again.
BEN