AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - TJ: Digsy's Wrangler QLD
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2008
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey all.

I haven't posted for a while so I thought I would update my buildup...
It has still been happening but a just keep forgetting to take photos of the old girl...

I have trussed the front D30 and installed my gears and lockers. It made a big improvement to how hard you have to punish the Jeep in the rough stuff... less wheel spin and all that sort of stuff...

I have bought and sold another wrangler in the middle and it went to a mad keen 4b nut as it's next owner so it will be getting a bit of work done to it as well...

Now the plan....

I am currently in talks with an engineer and Queensland Transport about making a stretch to 107-109 inch wheelbase... I know there are a couple of stretched rigs down south but it isn't as easy with Queensland Transport so I am working on it and will let everyone know how it goes...

It will still have a Short Arm suspension kit and be running 33" muddies on road and 37" Krawlers off road... I am hoping to have it completed by Christmas and I will hopefully start the cut in late september

The only reason that I am holding off till after september is that the Jeep is in a 3 Car team event up this way so I am not keen to cut it before then incase it isn't back together...

Anyway. That is the update, hopefully I'll be able to put heaps of info and photos up over the coming months...

If I remember I will put some photos of the truss and how it sits currently on 36" Simex Pedes.

Have fun.