AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - JK Manual Clutch.
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008
SwampDigger

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default JK Manual Clutch.

just a warning to owners of manual JK's. recently i had my jk in for replacement of both brake and clutch master cylinders, which both failed at the same time. after replacement a joint between the clutch line and the clutch master cylinder started leaking. went back on a flat top truck. the blokes found a faulty rubber in the joining clip and were able to patch it up. when i got it back i climbed underneath for a look and found that the clutch fluid line between the master cylinder and slave cylinder is metal on each end but has a rubber hose section in the middle where it runs round the bell housing. there was a section of about 20cm on that hose which was worn flat and part way through the hose to the point of almost failing. took it back and they swapped it for a better hose (probably mine that came out in the first place). there was however still a small groove worn across the hose which matched a web on the bell housing and it had obviously been rubbing on the bel housing. they had rerouted the hose behind some wiring to keep it off the bell housing. works fine now. this is just to advise you that it could be worth taking a look under your manuals to check the hose section and perhaps place some protective material round the hose to prevent wear by rubbing against the bell housing. could prevent a clutch failure at a really bad time.
cheers, dave