AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Modifications - Warranty
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008
SwampDigger

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

hi axeman, good to ear the unions have made some concessions. must have been only just made. info i got was from press clippings and stock broker reports of problems. info on wages was from same sources, so can't really comment on that in depth. the health insurance was also mentioned as an issue and it was said that payment of health insurance for retired workers would have to cease as one of the ways of cutting costs. (wish someone was paying my health insurance). mate totally agree that the fault isn't all with the worker. the unions have held the auto companies to ransom there for years, just as the wharfies held this country to ransom for years until brought under control. got totally out of control and all powerful. the management have also lined their pockets extremely well with the usual multi-million dollar salary packages. i noticed a condition of the government funding was that the managers should sell their corporate jets and travel in a more modest way. the top dog at GM has offered to work for one dollar a year till the mess is sorted out. huge problems everywhere, all being funded year after year by the U.S. taxpayers. whtever happens it will be a whole new ball game by the time this is all over. hopefully jeep will still be around, and we as owners will then be on the receiving end of the customer service and spare parts backup we are entitled to as owners of these vehicles.