AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Blown up my CRD
Thread: Blown up my CRD
View Single Post
Old 15-01-2009
AJOR Bronze

Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Jeep View Post
Hemi - mate I normally agreed with you on most issues, and haven't made any comment on this issue, however....

"For the people that got scared off to Buy a Merc CRD because of this thread, ride a push Bike cause the Automotive future is looking pretty scary for you... (Can't wait till all our cars are Electric Ya'll gonna Freak! ) "

Mate, I can't afford a new car and most likely won't in the near future, so my beasts will always have a few k's on them. I accept that with time I may need to replace a motor however if you are suggesting that I may end up paying $77k then you must be mad!

I accept your other points, but if you don't raise your eyebrows at the quoted replacement engine cost I wish I had your coin mate.

I'm thinking I like the old fashioned V8 petrol motor more and more.
'

Hahaha na thats not the way im thinking at all.... I dont want to Jump to any conclutions but i would be pretty confident that the 3lt engine cost no where near that to replace, i would be thinking more around the 20-25k range and what CJ are trying to do is not pay a Dollar to get Jenko's car on the road... And Yes if thats the case some may think its Crazy but thats the big bad world we live in these days.....

No engine in a production car under $100,000 cost 77k to replace/rebuild or anything... Gzzz you could buy a 8000hp Top Fuel Keith Black Hemi for $77,000

There are a few facts in this case that no matter how much they "Sux" they still remain an issue

Car is Out of warranty - and its by 10,000kms
And its been Fitted with an aftermarket Modification that will/can cause engine wear at a greater rate....

The 77k quote is a scare off quote/or a Quote and Hope - The only person that losses out is the owner of the Car thats " OUT OF WARRANTY" sad but true

New 2 Jeep - I understand that Money is an issue for everyone however people need to understand when they are owners of cars such as Jeeps, Jaguar's Hummers, Mercedes Benz BMW ect ect Issues like this will surface from time to time.

The main thing i was refering to is buy people reading into this thread and taking it all as Gospal with out doing any research them selfs.... All the people that think these engine's cost 77K are not very well educated when it comes to the motor industry and should realise there is more to learn other that what a minority type on a key board and post on a forum

Hemi