AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - I drove a hummer
View Single Post
Old 22-02-2009
Full Flexer

Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts

not that I am in the market but.
GM has indefinetly postponed launching Cadillac here, you may have noticed that some Saab and Hummer Dealers already had Cadillac signage as well, and as such i would be a little concerned about their long term future in Australia. I know Chrysler has its fair share of financail problems however with a well established market here in OZ they are far less likely to decided to pull out of the market. I am sure GM would continue to honour the warranty etc as they did with Daewoo just not certain how it would play out for resale and technical support.
I am also assuming GM will cotinue to own Hummer as they have also been looking for a buyer for this marque.
On a more grass roots level had a mate of mine who works in such a dealership tell me that there sales have slowed dramatically a lot of interest when first launched and has trailled off significantly.
None of those things may make any difference to your decision, they would for me as too often seen vehicles people have paid good money for worth very little in a short time after simply cause the market did not like them.