AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - ESP Disable - Take two
View Single Post
Old 18-03-2009
AJOR Gold

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrisNut View Post
Sp on the beach it appears the traction control or the BAS is the problem? I'm thinking the traction control as it prevents wheelspin? I'm about to got to Rainbow Beach this weekend for it's first sand trip and haven't done this mod because I want to see how much of a problem it is first
While you're trying out various combinations of ESP on the beach, make sure you do the manual-recommended method of holding the ESP button down for 10 seconds while the vehicle is stopped. I've done this and - yes - while it doesn't completely disable anything I found that it got rid of enough to make the car more than capable in the sand.

Sure, it resets every time you restart the car and yes it enables itself again above 40 km/h (or whatever) but it will give you the ability to spin the wheels when the vehicle is stopped should you need to do that.

I'm not saying the mod isn't a good thing - I think it has its place and I'm considering it myself but if you don't want to (or can't for whatever reasons - time, warranty, etc.) do it then the inbuilt options are worth a try.

B.