AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - JK Rear Bumper Roundup
View Single Post
Old 13-04-2009
RubiconSlammer

Liked 36 Times in 22 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiebulldust View Post
The important part in the reading of this is "if fitted". In NSW the law is if fitted as orginal then you must put them back on. So as all JK's are sold with mudflaps the law here is, you must still have them fitted and they look at the manufactures specs not your purchase to find ths out. I have been down this path and explored it through the courts on my last rig. Cost me a dollar or two to get this info and I lost.
most cops won't go you as long as you don't argue with them but you will get pinched if you go over the pits for a bluey or a defect. Just my experience
Fair enough, as I said that informed commentary can come through experience, although it is hard to gauge what experiences people have had through a faceless medium like the internet. Too many people still put all of their faith in information sources that are not accountable or cross checked.

Yes when Jeep complianced the JK Wrangler they did it in the configuration that you see on the shop floor, what ever changes one may make, be it lifts bars or wheels, it is up to the individual to decide if they are going to do it right and still comply with the ADRs or say stuff it and fix it if they get called out by Mr Plod.

Actually to get back on topic I have found no specific ADR on rear bumper bars as some one has stated, there is one provision in ADR 42/04 that states that there shall be no projections inside or outside the vehicle that will cause harm in the case of an accident or words fairly similar, so on that side it really doesn't matter in my opinion which bar you put on as long as it doesn't have massive projections.