AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Wh Grand Cherokee Common Faults And Issues
View Single Post
Old 14-04-2009
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by popeyeroo View Post
WH Grand 5.7 Hemi
42000 km so far.

Sat nav screen calibration went out and the whole unit was replaced.
I have a very slight hemi shudder during light accel, i heard a jet chip fixes this and those odd unusual feeling gear changes.?

My rear seats creak where the latches lock to the chrome bars.- i always thought it was the rear susp but if i fold the seats down - no creak.

The interior air control doesnt turn off the air to your feet when dialled, this gives me icy feet and legs with aircon on.

Front brake pads totally worn out and the disks needed skimming at 40000 km.

Slight rear diff whine at 100km and light load.
I put a Jet chip in my 2005 WH 5.7L and it ran beautifully, great throttle response and better response with gear changes (no lag). It ran like that for several weeks, then I was getting jerky throttle response and a warning light came on "electronic throttle control error". Also the quick shift operation on the auto transmission stopped working. I removed the Jet chip and all returned to normal. I'd like to put the chip back in and take it to Jeep to re-map the ECM but I don't know if Jeep will touch it. Does anybody know how Chrysler / Jeep will react if I request a service with the Jet chip in.? Failing that, does anybody know where I can get it serviced or tuned by a Jeep savvy auto shop in Melb.??