AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Wh Grand Cherokee Common Faults And Issues
View Single Post
Old 14-04-2009
Full Flexer

Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by neiljw View Post
I put a Jet chip in my 2005 WH 5.7L and it ran beautifully, great throttle response and better response with gear changes (no lag). It ran like that for several weeks, then I was getting jerky throttle response and a warning light came on "electronic throttle control error". Also the quick shift operation on the auto transmission stopped working. I removed the Jet chip and all returned to normal. I'd like to put the chip back in and take it to Jeep to re-map the ECM but I don't know if Jeep will touch it. Does anybody know how Chrysler / Jeep will react if I request a service with the Jet chip in.? Failing that, does anybody know where I can get it serviced or tuned by a Jeep savvy auto shop in Melb.??
I would think that Jeep would not want to know about it. The problem with the Jet unit (and all the other piggy back units) is that the ECM 'learns' around it and eventually negates the Jet unit. You really want to get a reprogrammer like a Superchips unit which you just plug in and reprogram the ECU and then unplug before driving.