AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - zf transmission fluid change
View Single Post
Old 24-06-2023
MonsterMoose

Liked 3,947 Times in 2,329 Posts

All tranny oils say do not mix but I have been for many years, quite a few boxes now you cannot do the old style flush out routine, more like DON'T than not recommended............... The proper way to get rid of all the oil is in the WSM but since most DiYers don't have a hoist they just do the half change, to date I haven't heard anyone having any dramas with different oils, the problems stem from not refilling properly if you don't do it right you won't get enough in the box... mine has had a couple of changes with BMV and now its Nulon all good, I also suspect many tranny changes aren't full oil swaps either as its a pain to do .... I would guess Mopar is Lifegard .

The vehicle needs to be level when you change the oil and it pays to drill some holes in the cross member so you can remove the front bolts easily, make sure you drill the holes when the vehicle is level not just the front lifted up or the holes won't line up when you go to drop the pan.... T40 head is needed I have a long T bar one as well as a socket head for the torque tool.

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.