AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - zf transmission fluid change
View Single Post
Old 24-06-2023
MonsterMoose

Liked 3,947 Times in 2,329 Posts

I use Penrite ATF FS in the TC... near 2 lts

Diffs get Penrite Pro gear 75W85 GL5 I don't have ESD, front 800mil/Rear 1.1lts

Power Steering gets Penrite LDAS which is the only alternative I have found to the Mopar stuff...

If you fill the tranny correctly you can't get the level wrong, I pump in about 3 lts till it dribbles out then fire up the engine and top up the last bit, when it dribbles out the hole replace bung, check chocks and brakes on, run through reverse 5 sec and 2nd gear 5 secs then neutral and rev to 2000rpm, 5 sec, engine at idle in Park, remove fill plug, oil should dribble out then its full..... oil temp should be under 30c..... easier if you have a hoist though... I have mine on 110mm ramps under all 4 wheels (made of pine garden sleepers) big chocks and door left open so it locks in Park when underneath.... I always have 8 lts on hand in case I stuff something up, which I have found the hard way is a sensible idea..... Its a slightly modified version of what the WSM says, it usually takes in 4 lts... Don't shut down engine without fill plug fitted or it will drain out...

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.

Last edited by drover; 24-06-2023 at 11:15 AM.