AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Petrol fuel economy 😁
View Single Post
Old 20-03-2021
Senior Newbie

Liked 43 Times in 28 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyTruckster View Post
And I keep getting told how economical diesels are. I get better than this, also have MT’s and keep getting told off for taking off at the lights like it’s a race. My wife has told me my right foot is too heavy for my own good. With diesel being more expensive around here than petrol I’m now glad I bought a petrol.
When i got it first and was nice to it on the stock tyres 7.5/100 was my open road.. the 275/65/18's MTs made the first significant dent in economy then even little things like removing the lower rear bumper and front winglets all made a bit of a drop. Also a kiwi so open roads do often involve driving mountain roads as a part of that. A friend thats got the 3.6 doing similar trips as me is about 14/100 plus petrol here is about $1 per litre dearer . He's driven mine a bit and is going to be changing to a diesel next year. Like everything depends where and how you drive to whats best for you.