AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - 2.8L CRD reliability/issues?
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011
Require a larger hammer!

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I have a 2008 CRD sport 5 speed, because I work away I haven't clocked big milage (40,000 km). So I can only offer a few tips that are my personal observation. Mud is not your friend, because of the radiator,evapourator and intercooler location. You MUST be diligent in cleaning these because the way the temp gauge works with its fuzzy logic can catch you unaware. (A scanguage is a good investment in my view). At 80 kph I run with the overdrive off as at this speed and under she lugs a but and I also seem to get better fuel economy with it off. I thoroughly enjoy driving this car both on road and off,but be warned if you can't handle little "imperfections" this is not the car for you (It's a Jeep Thing). As for servicing, If you have a good mechanic use him, most dealers are as dear as poison and aftermarket parts are limited. Oh and by the way, OEM brake pads are shite. Sorry, this probably doesn't help much but it might get so feedback started.