AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - XJ Mods VSB 14
Thread: XJ Mods VSB 14
View Single Post
Old 20-04-2017
AJOR Gold

Liked 1,080 Times in 692 Posts

I still have to look at what went wrong with my rear locker.. but i am sure its a simple oring or airline fix.

I need some tools and a rescue kit while i am out bush. I am on a tight budget, as mining is tough at the moment, and WA is not in a good position.

I have found the 4WD Supacenter to sell the stuff that you want at great prices. May not be the best quality, but it gets it done cheap.

Here is the recovery set i am thinking of.. its got all the fruit i need. As i work as a rigger, the snatch block and extension sling could come in really handy. You can run your own winch cable out and double it back to the chassis. Then you use the snatch block and 20M extension strap to get you to a tree or attachment point. You now have a 2:1 purchase giving you about 8 tonnes of pulling power!!
It also comes with the quick tyre pressure down gauge that i need, and a shovel etc.. not bad for a hundred bucks.

The tool box doesnt look too bad for the price either..

I took the XJ out for a drive tonight and realized how yellow and useless the driving lights really are. I could play around with harnesses etc, but the LED lights draw heaps less power and would negate the need to swap harnesses. I have put in a bid on some of those fancy LED lights that Swampy fitted. I was going to get the LED globes, but with the fans etc.. there is not a lot of room behind the lights.. so i am going to give these a try and adjust them so i dont blind anyone. I have noticed so many cars on the road now with this style of headlight.

I have also noticed how cheap the recovery tracks are now. You can pay about $300 for two plastic recovery tracks, for when you get bogged, but now there are companies such as XBull offering kits for about $80 delivered. Considering they can all get stolen, destroyed etc.. i think it is worth considering the cheaper kits.. opinions??

Any reviews on these items appreciated. I know the top of the wazza gear is better etc.. but i am after value for money and i am on a tight budget.

For about 300 bucks i would be well on my way to be ready for hitting the bush..

Cheers,

Last edited by alexbrown64; 22-03-2018 at 10:53 PM.